Connect with us

Entertainment

Angelina Jolie Secretly Warned Johnny Depp About Marrying Amber Heard

Published

on

Hollywood star Angelina Jolie allegedly warned her friend Johnny Depp about his budding relationship with actress Amber Heard.

The pair worked together in the 2010’s The Tourist.

Amber Heard and Johnny Depp first met in 2009 while shooting the movie The Rum Diary. The pair were cast as each other’s love interests in the film adaptation of the Hunter S. Thompson novel. They finally started dating in 2012, after Depp broke up with his long-time partner and mother of his children Vanessa Paradis.

Back in 2014, National Enquirer reported that Angelina Jolie was not fond of Heard since the very beginning of her relationship with Depp. “Angelina Jolie is giving romance advice to old pal Johnny Depp warning him he may be making a big mistake marrying Amber Heard,” it read.

During the Depp vs Heard defamation trial, Heard claimed that her Pirates of the Caribbean star ex had affairs with many men in Hollywood. This also included Jolie’s ex-Billy Bob Thornton. Amber Heard clarified that she wasn’t sleeping with any of the men, including Angelina Jolie’s former husband.

#JohnnyDeppWon Trended On Twitter After Amber Heard

Johnny Depp fans have taken to Twitter with the hashtag #JohnnyDeppWon after Amber Heard’s motion to have the verdict of her defamation trial against her ex-husband was denied. Amber Heard, 36, filed a motion earlier this month on the grounds that the verdict that she had defamed Johnny Depp, 59, was not supported by evidence. The Aquaman actress also alleged that a juror had not been properly vetted and questioned to be on the jury. But in new court documentsJudge Penny Azcarate denied all of Heard’s post-trial pleas on Wednesday.

In a 43-page memorandum, Heard’s lawyers argued that the verdict – and the $10million in damages she now owes Depp – should be tossed out. Her team argued that during the trial, Depp “proceeded solely on a defamation by implication theory, abandoning any claims that Ms. Heard’s statements were actually false.”

Amber Heard’s lawyers have previously stated that she is unable to pay the $10.35million in damages she owes Depp. The Pineapple Express star she has previously indicated that she wants to appeal the verdict, but to do so she would need to post bond of the full damages. Meanwhile, Depp’s lead attorney, Ben Chew, responded to the news that his Heard’s motions for a retrial have been dismissed. In a statement to Courthouse News, saying, “What we expected, just longer, no more substantive.”

Johnny Depp’s lawyers have previously called Amber Heard’s attempt for a retrial “desperate.” The Donnie Brasco actor’s legal team pleaded with a Virginia judge to leave Depp’s $10million defamation judgment intact. Heard’s lawyers asked the judge to reconsider the jury verdict on multiple grounds, including an apparent case of mistaken identity. Depp’s ex-wife called the verdict “nonsensical and unfounded.”

One of Heard’s reasons for a retrial is based on the fact that a 77-year-old man was summoned for jury duty – but a 52-year-old man, who shared the same last name and address, was improperly seated for the six-week trial. Depp’s lawyers have asserted that the juror’s identity is irrelevant and would have caused no prejudice to the Aquaman actress.

The Pirates of the Caribbean actor’s attorneys said in a statement: “Ms. Heard’s desperate, after-the-fact demand for an investigation of Juror 15 based on a purported error in his birth date is…misplaced… Moreover, Ms. Heard’s argument is based on pure speculation.”

Depp sued his former partner over a 2018 article she wrote for the Washington Post about her experiences as a survivor of domestic abuse. The Edward Scissorhand star’s lawyers said falsely accused him of being an abuser. On June 1, the jury ruled in Depp’s favor. He was awarded $10 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages.

Due to a Virginia statute capping punitive damages, Heard will only have to pay $10.35 million. The 36-year-old was simultaneously awarded $2 million in compensatory damages for her countersuit over comments Depp’s lawyer made about her.

Entertainment

Kwame Baah sets to launch a global BUSINESS plug for musicians and all entertainers

Published

on

By

Photo: Kwame Baah, a digital marketing expert and a content manager.

Ghanaian digital marketing expert, Kwame Baah is set to launch a global business agency for artiste booking.

“The  primary focus of Get the Artiste is to  bridge the gap between artistes and people or businesses who need talent for various engagements, be it a concert, event, Tv show or guest appearances” Baah told mediaplugafrica.

He explained: “Booking agency is not anything new, is all over the world so it’s nothing new. We are just trying to bring it over here in Ghana  so that our artiste easily  get to be connected with locally and internationally”.

K. Baah currently manages,  strategize, grooms and promotes most of the big names in the Ghanaian music industry.

The official  launch of K. Baah’s initiative “Get The Artiste” will take place on Friday, February 10, 2023 at the 3Music Headquarters, Accra at exactly 5pm.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ed Sheeran returns to social with an emotional personal announcement

Published

on

By

British singer Ed Sheeran took to his Instagram to share an emotional personal announcement following his return to social media after a two-month break.

In a video he shared on Instagram, The singer, 31, admitted he has been emotionally detached for much longer.

Ed Sheeran took to Instagram to address his absence. Credit: Instagram/Ed Sheeran

“I realise I haven’t been that engaged in my social media or my fan base online over the last couple of years and the things that have been posted on this account might have got a bit boring, I’m sorry, it’s my fault. Ed said in a video.

“The reason I’m making this video is, just being totally honest, I’ve had some turbulent things happening in my personal life so I just didn’t really feel like being online and pretending to be something I’m not, when I wasn’t feeling like that.

“And I know that sounds weird but hence I’m making this video to say things are looking up and I’m back online.

“Weird s*** is going to start being posted here.”

Ed Sheeran did not elaborate on what ‘turbulence’ he’d endured. Credit: Instagram/Ed Sheeran

However, Ed  did not elaborate on what “turbulence” he’d endured, In February, he lost his close friend Jamal Edwards who tragically died after a cardiac arrest brought on by taking cocaine and drinking alcohol. Three months later, Ed and his wife Cherry Seaborn announced they had welcomed a baby daughter.

In November, Ed told his followers that he was taking a break from social media, after wrapping up work on a new music video.

Sharing a behind-the-scenes snap overlooking a beach, he penned the caption: ‘Signing off now until 2023. See you in the new year. Much love, Ed x.’

According to daily mail, the singer is in the middle of a worldwide tour, and is currently performing a run of shows in Australia and New Zealand.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Chicago prosecutor drops sex abuse charges against R. Kelly

Published

on

By

R. Kelly arrives for a hearing on sexual abuse charges in Chicago on May 7, 2019.Kamil Krzaczynski / AFP via Getty Images file

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx told reporters that her office believes “justice has been served” against Kelly, who has been convicted in federal court.

An Illinois prosecutor dropped 10 charges of sex abuse against the singer R. Kelly on Monday, saying the cost was one of the factors she weighed in her decision.

Kelly, whose real name is Robert Sylvester Kelly, is already serving a 30-year prison sentence on charges of federal racketeering and sex trafficking after he was convicted in New York last year.

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx told reporters that her office believes “justice has been served” with the two convictions. She said her office’s “limited resources and court time” were the ultimate factors, noting that it found the accusations to be credible.

“Mr. Kelly is looking at the possibility of never walking out of prison again,” Foxx said.

Kelly is set to appear Tuesday in Cook County Court, where the charges will be formally dropped. The state has accused Kelly of sexually abusing four people, three of whom were minors.

Foxx announced the state’s case in 2019, saying the incidents occurred from May 1998 to January 2010. Kelly had faced three to seven years in prison for each charge if he were convicted.

The women in the case were identified in the indictment only by their initials. Multiple women have come forward with allegations over the years.

Lifetime aired a six-part docuseries, “Surviving R. Kelly,” in January 2019 in which multiple women alleged Kelly subjected them to mental, physical and sexual abuse. Foxx urged potential victims to come forward to speak with her office about possible criminal activity after the series.

Foxx said Monday that she consulted with the women in the indictment before she decided to drop the charges, acknowledging that some might be disappointed.

“I know firsthand how difficult it is for you to tell your stories,” Foxx said. “Four years ago, I stood at this podium and shared my story of having been a survivor and my full understanding of what it means to have to go before strangers to discuss what is arguably one of the most horrific experiences one could have. And these women, all of them Black, came forward, believing that they would be heard.”

Kelly also faces state charges in Minnesota, where he has been accused of soliciting a minor for sexual purposes and engaging in prostitution with a minor.

In the New York case, Kelly was convicted on nine counts of racketeering and sex trafficking. Jurors found that he set up a criminal enterprise that enabled him to recruit and transport underage girls for sex.

Months later in Chicago federal court, he was convicted on six counts of sexual exploitationand enticement of a minor. He is scheduled to be sentenced on those charges Feb. 23.

Kelly’s attorneys have said he plans to appeal both federal convictions.

Source: NBC NEWS

Continue Reading

Trending