Connect with us

Entertainment

Aquaman 2: Emilia Clarke Replaces Amber Heard As Mera In Stunning Art

Published

on

Fans have longed to see Emilia Clarke take over the role of Mera from Amber Heard in Aquaman 2, and now we know what she could look like if Warner Bros. made the switch!

It’s no secret that Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom has been shrouded in a bit of controversy this year due in large part to the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp trial.

As the trial waged on earlier this year making headlines for the messy legal battle between the two stars, rumors began swirling regarding the role the trial might have had on Heard’s future with the Aquaman franchise.

Read More : Creepy’ Amber Heard Blackmailing Elon Musk Into Paying Johnny Depp

At one point, there were even rumors suggesting Warner Bros. had cut Heard’s role and was looking to bring in a new actress to play the role of Mera for the follow-up to 2018’s box office success. Among the actresses who emerged as a favorite to replace Heard was Jason Mamoa’s former Game of Thrones co-star Emilia Clarke, who fans continue to express interest in seeing take over the role of Mera.

And thanks to a stunning new piece of fan art, fans have the chance to see just what Clarke could look like should she take over the role from Heard!

Emilia Clarke stuns as Mera in image replacing Amber Heard

In the art, Clarke stuns as Mera as she suits up in the iconic costume first introduced via Heard in Aquaman and donning the character’s signature auburn hair. While the art is nothing more than a conceptual preview of what Clarke could look like in the role of Mera, we have to confess we’re truly speechless!

Read More : “Eyes Wide Shut Creepfest”: Houseinhabit Substack About Alleged Amber Heard Parties Goes Viral

It’s not hard to see why so many fans are calling for Clarke to take over the role of Mera when getting a glimpse of what she could look like as the iconic DC Comics heroine.

Will WB replace Amber Heard with Emilia Clarke in Aquaman 2?

Although there seems to be an eagerness from fans to see Emilia Clarke take on the role of Mera for the upcoming Aquaman sequel, Warner Bros. Discovery has not announced any plans to recast the role — though execs did confess to considering the move.

While testifying during the  Johnny Depp/Amber Heard trial earlier this year,  President of DC Films Walter Hamada revealed that there had been conversations about recasting the role due to an “issue of chemistry” between Heard and the film’s lead, Jason Momoa.

Ultimately, the decision was made not to recast Heard for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, there is always a chance the character could be recast should any additional movies be greenlit. After all, there is a lot of change going on at the moment over at Warner Bros. Discovery.

Entertainment

Chicago prosecutor drops sex abuse charges against R. Kelly

Published

on

By

R. Kelly arrives for a hearing on sexual abuse charges in Chicago on May 7, 2019.Kamil Krzaczynski / AFP via Getty Images file

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx told reporters that her office believes “justice has been served” against Kelly, who has been convicted in federal court.

An Illinois prosecutor dropped 10 charges of sex abuse against the singer R. Kelly on Monday, saying the cost was one of the factors she weighed in her decision.

Kelly, whose real name is Robert Sylvester Kelly, is already serving a 30-year prison sentence on charges of federal racketeering and sex trafficking after he was convicted in New York last year.

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx told reporters that her office believes “justice has been served” with the two convictions. She said her office’s “limited resources and court time” were the ultimate factors, noting that it found the accusations to be credible.

“Mr. Kelly is looking at the possibility of never walking out of prison again,” Foxx said.

Kelly is set to appear Tuesday in Cook County Court, where the charges will be formally dropped. The state has accused Kelly of sexually abusing four people, three of whom were minors.

Foxx announced the state’s case in 2019, saying the incidents occurred from May 1998 to January 2010. Kelly had faced three to seven years in prison for each charge if he were convicted.

The women in the case were identified in the indictment only by their initials. Multiple women have come forward with allegations over the years.

Lifetime aired a six-part docuseries, “Surviving R. Kelly,” in January 2019 in which multiple women alleged Kelly subjected them to mental, physical and sexual abuse. Foxx urged potential victims to come forward to speak with her office about possible criminal activity after the series.

Foxx said Monday that she consulted with the women in the indictment before she decided to drop the charges, acknowledging that some might be disappointed.

“I know firsthand how difficult it is for you to tell your stories,” Foxx said. “Four years ago, I stood at this podium and shared my story of having been a survivor and my full understanding of what it means to have to go before strangers to discuss what is arguably one of the most horrific experiences one could have. And these women, all of them Black, came forward, believing that they would be heard.”

Kelly also faces state charges in Minnesota, where he has been accused of soliciting a minor for sexual purposes and engaging in prostitution with a minor.

In the New York case, Kelly was convicted on nine counts of racketeering and sex trafficking. Jurors found that he set up a criminal enterprise that enabled him to recruit and transport underage girls for sex.

Months later in Chicago federal court, he was convicted on six counts of sexual exploitationand enticement of a minor. He is scheduled to be sentenced on those charges Feb. 23.

Kelly’s attorneys have said he plans to appeal both federal convictions.

Source: NBC NEWS

Continue Reading

Entertainment

50 GB Of Unreleased Michael Jackson Songs Stolen And Leaked

Published

on

By

Renowned music engineer Brad Sundberg’s laptop was stolen this week during a break at one of his “In The Studio With MJ” events in Brussels, leading to the leaks of several unreleased songs by the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Sundberg’s laptop contained a significant amount of unreleased material by the iconic singer, predominately from the late 1980s and early 1990s. He would play them for fans who attended the events over the years.

The stolen songs, which were recorded during Michael’s “Bad” and “Dangerous” eras, have now surfaced on various online platforms, causing a frenzy among the fans. This is not the first time that unreleased material by Michael has been leaked, but under the circumstance of the theft, it’s certainly the most shocking and disappointing.

Fans have urged others to refrain from sharing or downloading the leaked songs, as they were not intended for public release and may contain unfinished versions of the tracks, as well as damage any plans for potential future releases.

We at MJWN are deeply saddened by the events. We hope those involved will be brought to justice. We will not be posting any links to the stolen material, nor naming the songs that have been leaked.

Michael’s Estate has yet to release a statement on the matter.

Source: MJWN

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Addams Family’ Tv Actress Lisa Loring Dead at 64

Published

on

By

Lisa Loring, the first Wednesday in 1964's 'The Addams Family', dies at 64

Continue Reading

Trending