Connect with us

Entertainment

Astroworld Tragedy : Travis Scott And Drake Face $2 Billion Lawsuit

Published

on

Astroworld Tragedy

A Lawyer Has Filed $2 Billion  Lawsuits Against Travis Scott, Drake, Live Nation, Apple And Others


Attorney Thomas Henry who is representing 282 alleged victims of the Astroworld tragedy has filled a lawsuit seeking $2 billion in damages from Travis Scott, Drake, Live Nation and Apple and others.

The $2 billon lawsuit is the latest news on number of arising issues of the fast growing lawsuits concerning the Astroworld tragedy. This particular case happens to be lawyer Henry’s 5th amended complaint he has filled.

“My clients want to ensure the defendants are held responsible for their actions, and they want to send the message to all performers, event organizers, and promoters that what happened at Astroworld cannot happen again.” said lawyer Henry.

The American lawyer has been paying attention to the media coverage from the festival critically, pointing out the fact fans even climbed platforms during the chaos, begging concert organizers to stop.

Investigation of the Astroworld tragedy indicate that the premises were arranged in a fashion that best served Apple’s online streaming of the concert by putting the life of the concertgoers in danger.

The lawsuit states; “Apple Music had cameras, camera stands, cameramen, and metal barriers surrounding each; these cameras effectively split the premises both horizontally and vertically by the metal barricades,” the paperwork claims. “The placement of cameras streaming for Apple Music’s broadcast effectively limited many concertgoers’ means of exit; this dangerous condition would inevitably prevent individuals from dispersing.”
Apple did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the lawsuit Thursday.

Lawyer Henry and the victims blame the organizers for not taking Astroworld safety concerns from 2019 into account when planning 2021’s version.

Entertainment

Bob Marley’s ‘Stir It Up’ featuring Sarkodie; beautiful work, should be embraced – Bisa Kdei

Published

on

By

Photo: Sarkodie x Bob Marley

Ghanaian highlife musician Bisa Kdei has made an interesting comment on The Bob Marley and the Waillers-Sarkodie feature.

According to the highlife artiste, ‘stir it up’ is a beautiful piece of work which should be embraced.

The musician speaking with Daniel Kweku Dadson, on the Rainbow entertainment ( Rainbow 92.4Fm ) described the project a beautiful piece of work.

Kdei on describing the feature a beautiful piece of work said,

“I think it’s beautiful. It is something beautiful. I would be proud if I were asked to be featured on a Michael Jackson song. I would be so honored. It’s a beautiful thing”.

He added: “Bob Marley is a legend. People still pay attention to him. This is something his spirit will appreciate. Sarkodie’s work is stunning. The people’s love for beautiful songs has triumphed over their hatred. It’s beautiful, and it’s something we should embrace.”

Photo: Bisa Kdei’s listening party in UK

Kdei recently staged a successful listening party for his fourth studio album, titled “Original,” in the United Kingdom. The listening party which saw Bisa Kdei collaborate with some of the best musicians on the African continent was held at the Cafe Koko in Camden.

The “Original” album since its release a few days ago has racked up impressive streaming numbers, as it was the third-most streamed album on Audiomack earlier this week.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Kwame Baah sets to launch a global BUSINESS plug for musicians and all entertainers

Published

on

By

Photo: Kwame Baah, a digital marketing expert and a content manager.

Ghanaian digital marketing expert, Kwame Baah is set to launch a global business agency for artiste booking.

“The  primary focus of Get the Artiste is to  bridge the gap between artistes and people or businesses who need talent for various engagements, be it a concert, event, Tv show or guest appearances” Baah told mediaplugafrica.

He explained: “Booking agency is not anything new, is all over the world so it’s nothing new. We are just trying to bring it over here in Ghana  so that our artiste easily  get to be connected with locally and internationally”.

K. Baah currently manages,  strategize, grooms and promotes most of the big names in the Ghanaian music industry.

The official  launch of K. Baah’s initiative “Get The Artiste” will take place on Friday, February 10, 2023 at the 3Music Headquarters, Accra at exactly 5pm.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ed Sheeran returns to social with an emotional personal announcement

Published

on

By

British singer Ed Sheeran took to his Instagram to share an emotional personal announcement following his return to social media after a two-month break.

In a video he shared on Instagram, The singer, 31, admitted he has been emotionally detached for much longer.

Ed Sheeran took to Instagram to address his absence. Credit: Instagram/Ed Sheeran

“I realise I haven’t been that engaged in my social media or my fan base online over the last couple of years and the things that have been posted on this account might have got a bit boring, I’m sorry, it’s my fault. Ed said in a video.

“The reason I’m making this video is, just being totally honest, I’ve had some turbulent things happening in my personal life so I just didn’t really feel like being online and pretending to be something I’m not, when I wasn’t feeling like that.

“And I know that sounds weird but hence I’m making this video to say things are looking up and I’m back online.

“Weird s*** is going to start being posted here.”

Ed Sheeran did not elaborate on what ‘turbulence’ he’d endured. Credit: Instagram/Ed Sheeran

However, Ed  did not elaborate on what “turbulence” he’d endured, In February, he lost his close friend Jamal Edwards who tragically died after a cardiac arrest brought on by taking cocaine and drinking alcohol. Three months later, Ed and his wife Cherry Seaborn announced they had welcomed a baby daughter.

In November, Ed told his followers that he was taking a break from social media, after wrapping up work on a new music video.

Sharing a behind-the-scenes snap overlooking a beach, he penned the caption: ‘Signing off now until 2023. See you in the new year. Much love, Ed x.’

According to daily mail, the singer is in the middle of a worldwide tour, and is currently performing a run of shows in Australia and New Zealand.

Continue Reading

Trending