Connect with us

Entertainment

Bob Dylan Sells His Entire Catalog Of Recorded Music To Sony Music For $200M

Published

on

📸: Bob Dylan

Robert Dylan, who is professionally known as Bob Dylan, is an American singer-songwriter, author and visual artist. Often regarded as one of the greatest songwriters of all time.

The 10 times Grammy Awards winner has sold his entire catalog of recorded music to Sony music. The deal was concluded in July last year, but announced Monday.

According to the Variety reports, Sony Music Entertainment on Monday, January 24, announced it has fully acquired Bob Dylan’s entire back catalog of recorded music, as well as the rights to multiple future new release from Dylan.

Photo: First recording session for Bob Dylan’s eponymous debut album on November 20, 1961.

Sony Music described the deal for 60 years worth of music as a “landmark agreement”. Rob Stringer, chairman of Sony Music Group, said they were “tremendously proud and excited to be continuing to grow and evolve our ongoing 60-year partnership. Bob is one of music’s great icons and an artist of unrivalled genius.”

Dylan,80 also notified in a statement that he is very excited about the deal. “I’m glad that all my recordings can stay where they belong,” He said.

The Biilboard magazine estimates that the recordings are worth about $200 million, based on the revenue they generate.

Photo: actor Jack Nicholson presented Bob Dylan with a Lifetime Achievement Grammy Awards in 1991.

However,  Sony did not disclose the financial terms of the deal but other sources say the deal was worth between $150 million and $200 million.

In late 2020 the iconic American artist had already sold his songwriting rights to Universal, in a deal estimated to be worth more than $300 million.

Bob is one of music’s great icons and an artist of unrivalled genius,he signed to Columbia in October 1961 and released his first album, Bob Dylan, on March 19, 1962. The album sold 5,000 copies in its first year.

Entertainment

Will Johnny Depp Act Again? A look At Actor’s Scheduled Films As He Returns To The Stand In Amber Heard Trial

Published

on

By

Johnny Depp: Captain Jack Sparrow

Johnny Depp is set to take the stand in his ongoing defamation trial against ex-wife Amber Heard.

Depp is suing Heard for $50m (£38.2m). He alleges that Heard implied that he abused her in a 2018 Washington Post op-ed about domestic violence.

The article does not mention him by name.

Heard is countersuing for $100m (£80.9m), accusing Depp of orchestrating a “smear campaign” against her and describing his lawsuit as a continuation of “abuse and harassment”.

Throughout the case, Depp and his legal representatives have referred to the actor’s career being negatively impacted as a result of the claims.

Last month, talent agent Christian Carino testified that he believes Heard’s allegations of abuse cost Depp the job of playing Captain Jack Sparrow in the sixth Pirates of the Caribbean film, having portrayed the character in five previous films.

In 2020, Depp bowed out of his role as Gellert Grindelwald in the Fantastic Beasts franchise after losing a domestic violence libel case against The Sun.

Meanwhile, some fans have questioned whether the three-time Oscar-nominee will work professionally again.

Though his future presence in Hollywood productions is unconfirmed as of yet, Depp is reported to have at least one acting role in the pipeline.

He is expected to star in the forthcoming French-language film Jeanne du Barry, playing the controversial French king, Louis XV. As reported in Variety earlier this year, the period drama will be directed by Maïwenn, who also stars as the ruler’s mistress, Jeanne Bécu.

Elsewhere, Depp has recently provided the voice of Johnny Puff in the children’s web mini-series, Puffins Impossible.

Plans for the sixth instalment of Pirates of the Caribbean have yet to be confirmed, but according to film producer Jerry Bruckheimer, the door isn’t completely closed for Depp to make a return.

When asked by The Sunday Times earlier this month whether there was a view for him to return as Captain Jack Sparrow, he responded: “Not at this point. The future is yet to be decided.”

Outside of these projects, the actor has also gone viral for his behaviour during the trial proceedings, with actions such as joking about bringing waffles for fansspreading widely across social media platforms.

The dispute between Depp and Heard has prompted reactions from a number of high profile figures. Here’s a rundown of the celebrities who have voiced their support for Heard, while here’s a list of the celebrities who have thrown support behind Depp.

…….. The Independent

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Will Smith Reveals He Saw His Career Collapse Through A Premonition

Published

on

By

Will Smith/ source : amp.marca.com

Will Smith ingested ayahuasca, a hallucinogenic drink, and the visions he had led him to rethink his life.

After his scandal during the Oscar Awards ceremony, where he slapped comedian Chris Rock after he made a joke about the alopecia suffered by his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, actor Will Smith does not stop appearing in the media.

Vetoed for 10 years by the Academy, in addition to the fact that several film studios such as Netflix withdrew the projects in which they had him contemplated, Smith no longer has room to maneuver to try to resume his career, because now it depends on someone to give him a new opportunity.

Mind-blowing experience

Perhaps that is why he is now taking advantage of the spaces he is given to try to change the image of a violent guy who explodes at the slightest provocation without measuring the consequences of his behavior.

Interviewed by David Letterman on the program “My Next Guess Needs No Introduction”, the 53-year-old actor confessed that some time ago he opted to undergo a ritual where after ingesting ayahuasca, a hallucinogenic drink used by Amazonian tribes in their ceremonies, he managed to have a disturbing vision that later became a reality.

“I drank it, and it usually takes about 45 minutes for it to hit you. I was sitting there and even though I thought it wouldn’t hit me, all of a sudden I saw my money flying far away, my house flying away and my career going far away,” he said.

Empowered by life

However, it didn’t stop there, as in the midst of his vision he experienced that his daughter Willow would be in danger and was screaming at him asking him to help her, something that so far has not come to pass.

“Then, slowly, I stopped worrying about my money, I just wanted to reach Willow, and I stopped worrying about my house, and I stopped worrying about my career,” she emphasized.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Drake Loses More Than $230K On Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix Bet

Published

on

By

Rapper Drake loses more than $230K on Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix bet

Canadian rapper Drake has lost more than $320,000 after he bet that Formula 1 driver Charles Leclerc would win the Spanish Grand Prix.

The God’s Plan singer, 35, announced on social media that he bet $300,000 on Leclerc.

Rapper Drake loses more than $230K on Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix bet

“First F1 bet, let’s see how it goes,” the One Dance hitmaker wrote on his Instagram Story, revealing he bet $300k Canadian dollars with cryptocurrency betting platform, Stake.

Unfortunately, the Ferrari ace, who was leading the world championship, lost the lead Sunday afternoon after suffering an engine failure.

Red Bull’s Max Verstappen was declared the winner in Barcelona, along with the lead of the championship over Leclerc.

While the Knife Talk crooner may not have the best luck on his side when it comes to Formula 1 betting, he recently won $300,000 in profit after wagering that the Los Angeles Rams would defeat the Cincinnati Bengals in the Super Bowl, reported Page Six.

Continue Reading

Trending