Connect with us

Entertainment

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson’s Daughter Simone Makes History With WWE Debut At Live Event

Published

on

Simone Johnson wants to make her famous dad The Rock proud (Picture: Instagram/Getty)

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson’s daughter Simone made history this weekend as she became the first ever fourth generation star in WWE.

The 20-year-old star – who is going by the pro wrestling name Ava Raine and calling herself The Final Girl – made her live event debut on Saturday night and cut what is said to be her first promo in front of a live crowd.

According to fans in attendance, Raine referred to herself as the Final Girl, and trash talked the rest of the NXT women’s roster.

The previous evening, she was seen scouting talent – and the competition – during a women’s match.

She is yet to appear on television, but it seems like it’s only a matter of time as she was recently backstage at NXT 2.0 with pictures shared on Twitter in an interview area showing off her new black and red hairstyle.

She follows in the footsteps of dad Dwayne, grandfather ‘Soulman’ Rocky Johnson and great-grandfather ‘High Chief’ Peter Maivia, making her the first fourth generation performer in WWE’s illustrious history.

Raine is already looking like a star, and she previously hit out at people criticising her name change for moving away from her family’s rich history in the business.

‘I probably sound like a broken record and hopefully this is the last I’ll mention this, but I don’t understand why people being portrayed as separate individuals from their family name is such a heated topic,’ she argued. ‘A name doesn’t discredit any prior accomplishments from any family.’

She added: ‘I could build my entire career around my father & people would still bash me anyway.’

WWE legend Dwayne Johnson - AKA The Rock

The Rock is one of the biggest names in wrestling history (Picture: WWE)

Simone has had a tough time in the business so far, with three knee surgeries since signing for WWE in 2020, but now she seems poised for her moment in the spotlight.

After putting pen to paper, she said at the time: ‘It means the world to me. To know that my family has such a personal connection to wrestling is really special to me and I feel grateful to have the opportunity, not only to wrestle, but to carry on that legacy.’

Meanwhile, dad Dwayne voiced his pride when his daughter signed with WWE, which put her on the path to being the company’s first ever fourth generation performer.

He wrote at the time: ‘Dreams ain’t just for dreamers. Congrats to my #1 born, Simone Johnson on officially signing her wrestling contract with @wwe @wwenxt and on her way to becoming the first ever 4th generation WWE athlete.

‘Carry our family name proudly, but your road will always be yours to create, earn & own. So proud. Live your dream. Let’s work.’

 

 

Entertainment

Chicago prosecutor drops sex abuse charges against R. Kelly

Published

on

By

R. Kelly arrives for a hearing on sexual abuse charges in Chicago on May 7, 2019.Kamil Krzaczynski / AFP via Getty Images file

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx told reporters that her office believes “justice has been served” against Kelly, who has been convicted in federal court.

An Illinois prosecutor dropped 10 charges of sex abuse against the singer R. Kelly on Monday, saying the cost was one of the factors she weighed in her decision.

Kelly, whose real name is Robert Sylvester Kelly, is already serving a 30-year prison sentence on charges of federal racketeering and sex trafficking after he was convicted in New York last year.

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx told reporters that her office believes “justice has been served” with the two convictions. She said her office’s “limited resources and court time” were the ultimate factors, noting that it found the accusations to be credible.

“Mr. Kelly is looking at the possibility of never walking out of prison again,” Foxx said.

Kelly is set to appear Tuesday in Cook County Court, where the charges will be formally dropped. The state has accused Kelly of sexually abusing four people, three of whom were minors.

Foxx announced the state’s case in 2019, saying the incidents occurred from May 1998 to January 2010. Kelly had faced three to seven years in prison for each charge if he were convicted.

The women in the case were identified in the indictment only by their initials. Multiple women have come forward with allegations over the years.

Lifetime aired a six-part docuseries, “Surviving R. Kelly,” in January 2019 in which multiple women alleged Kelly subjected them to mental, physical and sexual abuse. Foxx urged potential victims to come forward to speak with her office about possible criminal activity after the series.

Foxx said Monday that she consulted with the women in the indictment before she decided to drop the charges, acknowledging that some might be disappointed.

“I know firsthand how difficult it is for you to tell your stories,” Foxx said. “Four years ago, I stood at this podium and shared my story of having been a survivor and my full understanding of what it means to have to go before strangers to discuss what is arguably one of the most horrific experiences one could have. And these women, all of them Black, came forward, believing that they would be heard.”

Kelly also faces state charges in Minnesota, where he has been accused of soliciting a minor for sexual purposes and engaging in prostitution with a minor.

In the New York case, Kelly was convicted on nine counts of racketeering and sex trafficking. Jurors found that he set up a criminal enterprise that enabled him to recruit and transport underage girls for sex.

Months later in Chicago federal court, he was convicted on six counts of sexual exploitationand enticement of a minor. He is scheduled to be sentenced on those charges Feb. 23.

Kelly’s attorneys have said he plans to appeal both federal convictions.

Source: NBC NEWS

Continue Reading

Entertainment

50 GB Of Unreleased Michael Jackson Songs Stolen And Leaked

Published

on

By

Renowned music engineer Brad Sundberg’s laptop was stolen this week during a break at one of his “In The Studio With MJ” events in Brussels, leading to the leaks of several unreleased songs by the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Sundberg’s laptop contained a significant amount of unreleased material by the iconic singer, predominately from the late 1980s and early 1990s. He would play them for fans who attended the events over the years.

The stolen songs, which were recorded during Michael’s “Bad” and “Dangerous” eras, have now surfaced on various online platforms, causing a frenzy among the fans. This is not the first time that unreleased material by Michael has been leaked, but under the circumstance of the theft, it’s certainly the most shocking and disappointing.

Fans have urged others to refrain from sharing or downloading the leaked songs, as they were not intended for public release and may contain unfinished versions of the tracks, as well as damage any plans for potential future releases.

We at MJWN are deeply saddened by the events. We hope those involved will be brought to justice. We will not be posting any links to the stolen material, nor naming the songs that have been leaked.

Michael’s Estate has yet to release a statement on the matter.

Source: MJWN

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Addams Family’ Tv Actress Lisa Loring Dead at 64

Published

on

By

Lisa Loring, the first Wednesday in 1964's 'The Addams Family', dies at 64

Continue Reading

Trending