Connect with us


I ‘die’ three times a month – and I’ve met Jesus, Walt Disney and my dead dad



FOR the last 30 years Beverley Gilmour has gone to bed terrified every night, fearing she won’t wake up.

The mum-of-three claims she has experienced thousands of out-of-body episodes, that feel like she “dies”, several times each month.

 Beverley says she didn't know she was dying until she met her dead relatives and it dawned on her

Beverley says she didn’t know she was dying until she met her dead relatives and it dawned on herCredit: Beverley Gilmour

She lived a normal, active life, pursuing a career as a children’s author when suddenly, in 1987, she said she “died” in her sleep.

The 52-year-old, from St Annes in Lancashire, suffers from what she calls “chronic near death experiences”.

It comes after doctors in Canada recorded brain activity in a patient for 10 minutes after they were pronounced clinically dead.

Brain waves, like those we see in deep sleep, continued even after the patient’s pulse disappeared and their pupils were found to be un-reactive – both signs of clinical death.

During her out-of-body experiences, Beverley said she looks back at her own body lying on her bed as she drifts towards a light.

And she claims her heart stops beating and her brain stops functioning.

But, she said she has no idea how long the episodes last.

Beverley said she is “brought back to life” when she feels a burst of electricity running down her spine, into her heart and jolting it into action.

She described the sensation as feeling as though she’s being “plugged in”.

But the reason for her near death experiences, which she calls “actual death experiences”, has left doctors baffled.

She told The Sun Online: “It has been a very traumatic journey. There was absolutely no reason for them to begin.

“I have spent the last 30 years terrified. I didn’t know what they were.

“I knew I was dying because I encountered my father through the light.

“I have only met him three times over the years but I saw him at the very beginning and he died in 1982, so I knew.

“I came back and I was like ‘Oh my God, I died’.

“I have met Jesus, he is a spiritual guide. I have met my nan, I have met the late Walt Disney.”

 Beverley, pictured with son Oliver, said her children helped keep her strong during the first years she had the experiences

Beverley, pictured with son Oliver, said her children helped keep her strong during the first years she had the experiencesCredit:

Beverley explained that when she has an episode she is aware it’s happening.

She claims she can feel her body shutting down and her spirit leaving her body to be dragged up “towards a light”.

She said: “It only happens when I am lying down and I am ready to go to bed.

I have spent the last 30 years terrified. I didn’t know what they were.

Beverley Gilmour
“The first thing I become aware of is a very sensational wave inside my head, it is not slight drift and it just goes deeper and deeper.

“I sense my heartbeat slowing down and then my throat tightens.

“I am completely aware this is happening and I can actually see the room but I know my eyes are closed.”

It’s then that Beverley can feel her brain shutting down, a feeling she describes as like being under water.

She added: “Then I realise I can move from one step to another and I can look back and see my body underneath me.

“I am drifting towards the light and I feel so peaceful, there is so much love. It is an amazing feeling.”

After coming round, Beverley said it can take days for her to recover and she suffers from headaches, light sensitivity and aches and pains.

 Before the experiences started, Beverley lived a full life and was an aspiring children's author

Before the experiences started, Beverley lived a full life and was an aspiring children’s authorCredit: Beverley Gilmour

 Beverley explained the moment she wakes up from dying as like "being plugged in"

Beverley explained the moment she wakes up from dying as like “being plugged in”Credit: Beverley GilmourShe said: “I know I am drifting down and then I have this sensation that I have come back into my body but I am not conscious yet.

“It is like plugging a plug into a socket.

“I feel like I have hit a brick wall, then the next thing I am aware of is a massive electric ball of energy, it rushes down the back of my spine and hits my heart and I feel myself jolt. That is how I come back.

“The longer I take to recover, I am assuming the longer I have died for.

“If it takes just a few hours then I don’t think I have been out that long but sometimes it can take two or three days.”

I have met Jesus, he is a spiritual guide. I have met my nan, I have met the late Walt Disney

Beverley Gilmour

Beverley explained how, in the early years, she never knew if she was going to wake up.

But now, she has come to accept that she has these experiences, despite the impact they have on her life.

She said: “I would go and say goodnight to the kids [when they first happened] and I would look at them sleeping and I would wonder ‘if I have one tonight will I come back for you?’.

“That was a terrible, terrible feeling. To a degree it is still like that, but I have more trust now.”

Son, Oliver Lee, gave up chasing his career as a screen writer to become his mum’s full-time carer.

The 27-year-old said: “You eventually become desensitised.

“When she comes back and then she goes again it is very frightening because you don’t know what is happening.

“I have never witnessed anyone having a seizure but when she comes back it is similar to that and you would have to help restrain her or calm her down.

“But after a few occasions it kind of becomes the norm.

“Because there isn’t a cure for it the only alternative you are left with is to try and make her life as comfortable as possible.”

Continue Reading



Pope Francis to undergo intestinal surgery and will be hospitalized for several days




Pope Francis went to the hospital on Wednesday for surgery on his intestine, two years after he had 33 centimeters (13 inches) of his colon removed because of an inflammation and narrowing of the large intestine.

The Vatican said Francis, 86, would be put under general anesthesia and would be hospitalized for several days.

Pope Francis appeared at his weekly general audience on Wednesday, a day after he went to the hospital for a checkup.

The Vatican provided no details about the medical tests Francis underwent on Tuesday at Rome’s Gemelli hospital. Francis, 86, appeared in good form, though, at his audience in St. Peter’s Square, zipping around the square in his popemobile greeting the faithful. He also had two meetings Wednesday morning beforehand, the Vatican said.

Francis spent three days at the Gemelli hospital in late March. Initially, the Vatican said he had gone in for scheduled tests, but the pontiff later revealed he had felt pain in his chest and was rushed to the hospital where bronchitis was diagnosed. He was put on intravenous antibiotics and was released April 1, quipping that he was “still alive.”

The Argentine pope had part of one lung removed when he was a young man. He also suffers from sciatica nerve pain and has been using a wheelchair and walker for more than a year because of strained ligaments in his knee.

Francis has had a packed schedule of late, with multiple audiences each day. The Vatican has recently confirmed a travel-filled August, when the Holy See and Italy are usually on vacation, with a four-day visit to Portugal the first week of August and a similarly long trip to Mongolia starting Aug. 31.

In a sign that the trips were very much on, the Vatican on Tuesday released the planned itinerary for Francis’ visit to Portugal for World Youth Day events from Aug. 2-6. The itinerary confirms a typically busy schedule that includes all the protocol meetings of an official state visit plus multiple events with young people and a day trip to the Marian shrine at Fatima.

[ via ]

Continue Reading


My son was born with bulging eyes and totally blind – but baffled doctors don’t know why




A mother is appealing for answers over the mysterious condition which left her son with bulging eyes.

Kobi-Jai Morgan, who is registered blind, was born last March with bruising around his eyes and was unable to open them.

He spent six weeks in hospital, where doctors discovered the structure of his eyes had not fully developed but could not figure out why.

Despite appointments with specialists, medics have been left scratching their heads over what is causing his condition.

His mother, Morgan Nottingham, from Ystalyfera in South Wales, is now desperately searching for answers.

The 24-year-old’s labour was induced in last spring at a hospital in Bridgend, where she had a difficult delivery.

Kobi-Jai was then transferred to a neonatal intensive care unit at Singleton Hospital in Swansea and put on ventilation and a feeding tube.

As well as bruising around the eyes, he had a large hole in his heart and a floppy larynx — the tube that helps carry air to the lungs and contains vocal cords.

His unknown condition means his eyes are light-sensitive and he spends a lot of time in discomfort.

As a result, he sometimes scratches his eye and pushes his eyelids towards his eyebrows when they are irritated.

His mother administers four different types of eye drops to Kobi’s eyes every day and he wears specialist transparent glasses made by Cardiff University.

The 15-month-old has been to Great Ormond Street Hospital in London and visited private specialists — but still does not have a diagnosis.

However, tests show that he can see some light and shadows.

Ms Nottingham said: ‘We’ve come to terms with the fact that he might not have his vision for life. But we get looks as it is.

‘He has bulgy eyes and the bottom of his eyes scrape across his cheek. He doesn’t realise while he’s little but it’s really sad, bless him.’

Kobi-Jai can now tell his mother when his eyes are bothering him.

She added: ‘He cannot carry on with his eyes like that. There has to be someone out there that knows something.

‘This is completely new to us. When he starts going to school — you know what kids are like. He has children coming up to him already and saying: “Oh mammy he looks scary”. I want answers.’

Ms Nottingham called for more research and resources that could help Kobi-Jai.

She said: ‘At the moment we have found no blind support centres, schools or sensory classes locally. The closest specialist school is in Birmingham.

‘We want to bring more awareness and help and support other parents going through the same thing. We’re all learning.’

A fundraiser set up to support Kobi’s medical care has raised over £12,500.

Family friends have organised a 12-hour charity walk, five-a-side football tournament and bike ride in a bid to raise more funds to help with his care.

[ via ]

Continue Reading


US actor Danny Masterson found guilty on two rape counts




Los Angeles Times via Getty Images Masterson arrives at the Los Angeles court to learn his fate with his wife, Bijou Phillips

A jury in Los Angeles has found US actor Danny Masterson guilty on two out of three counts of rape.

The star of That ’70s Show, a TV series, faces up to 30 years in prison. He was led from court in handcuffs.

Three women, all former members of the Church of Scientology, accused the actor of sexual assault at his Hollywood home from 2001-03.

Prosecutors argued Masterson had relied on his status as a prominent Scientologist to avoid accountability.

The jury of seven women and five men was unable to reach a verdict on a third count after a week of deliberations, ending up deadlocked at 8-4.

One of his victims, who was raped in 2003, said in a statement quoted by the Associated Press: “I am experiencing a complex array of emotions – relief, exhaustion, strength, sadness – knowing that my abuser, Danny Masterson, will face accountability for his criminal behavior.”

Masterson’s wife, actress and model Bijou Phillips, wept as he was led away, CBS News reports. Other family and friends sat stone-faced.

Another jury in an earlier trial was unable to reach a verdict in December 2022.

Prosecutors chose to retry Masterson and this time the judge allowed attorneys to present new evidence that had been barred from the first trial.

Though the actor was not charged with drugging his victims, the jury heard testimony that the women had been dosed before he raped them.

Masterson was first accused of rape in 2017 during the height of the #MeToo movement. He responded by saying that he had not been charged or convicted of a crime, and that in the climate at the time “it seems as if you are presumed guilty the moment you are accused”.

Charges came after a three-year investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department. Prosecutors did not file charges in two other cases because of insufficient evidence and the statute of limitations expiring.

Throughout the trial, prosecutors argued that the Church of Scientology had helped cover up the assaults – an allegation the organisation has categorically denied.

At the time of the assaults, Masterson and all three of his accusers were Scientologists. Several of the women said it took them years to come forward because Church of Scientology officials discouraged them from reporting the rape to police.

Instead, they were forced to rely on the Church’s “internal justice system”, prosecutors said.

Scientology officials told one survivor she would be kicked out of the Church unless she signed a non-disclosure agreement and accepted a payment of $400,000 (£320,000), according to prosecutors.

Judge Charlaine Olmedo allowed both sides to discuss the dogma and practices of Scientology.

But Deputy District Attorney Ariel Anson told jurors during the trial: “The Church taught his victims, ‘Rape isn’t rape, you caused this, and above all, you are never allowed to go to law enforcement.'”

Throughout the trial, the defence tried to undermine the credibility of the “Jane Does” by focusing on inconsistencies in their testimony and their supposed drive to get “revenge” against their former Church.

During closing arguments, Masterson’s defence lawyer said of the survivors: “If you are looking for motives why people are not being truthful… there are motives all over the place.”

Although the Church of Scientology was not a defendant in the case, before closing arguments began, a lawyer with ties to the Church emailed the district attorney’s office to complain about the way the Church was portrayed during the retrial.

The defence also argued that the prosecution had relied heavily on testimony about drugging because there was an absence of evidence of any force or violence.

Masterson’s lawyers tried, unsuccessfully, to have a mistrial declared.

[ via ]

Continue Reading