Connect with us

Entertainment

‘I’ll be doing this until I’m like 150’: Johnny Depp Left Stunned After Knowing He May Return as Jack Sparrow in 5 More ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ Movies

Published

on

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard’s nefarious court business stands as a testament to how quickly times can change. Due to the allegations of abuse by his ex-wife Amber Heard, Johnny Depp fell out of many projects and studios.

Having a fallout with Disney studios while shooting Pirates of the Caribbean 6, Johnny Depp was removed from the franchise as they did not want bad publicity amidst the Amber Heard scandal. In a throwback video, Depp can be seen promising to act in the role of Captain Jack Sparrow until he would be 150.

Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.

When Johnny Depp Promised Jack Sparrow Until He Was 150!

Before Johnny Depp and Amber Heard had to go to trial to sort out the defamation mess, Depp was most notably known for his role as Captain Jack Sparrow. The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, owned by Disney, was raking in profits as the people showered the actor and his wacky acting with love.

Johnny Depp is known for his role of Captain Jack Sparrow.Johnny Depp is known for his role as Captain Jack Sparrow.

When tragedy struck, Disney removed Johnny Depp from the franchise while shooting Pirates of the Caribbean 6 since they did not want negative publicity. But now an old video of Johnny Depp sitting with Ellen DeGeneres has resurfaced on the internet. The video showcased Johnny Depp stating that he would love to portray the character of Captain Jack Sparrow until he was 150.

The video starts with Ellen DeGeneres commenting on a photo of Depp dressed as the pirate.

“And then look at it now, it’s crazy. From what I heard today, there’s like 4 or 5 more lined up, is that true?” Johnny Depp, being in his natural state, blinked up with a surprised expression on his face. Staring at Ellen DeGeners, Johnny Depp excitedly asked “4 or 5 more?”

“Yeah, I’ll be doing this until i’m like 150” to which DeGeneres exclaimed with “Yes, exactly”.

But this was all before the big debacle wherein Depp had to prove his innocence and get that smear off his image before things started going further downhill.

Entertainment

Chicago prosecutor drops sex abuse charges against R. Kelly

Published

on

By

R. Kelly arrives for a hearing on sexual abuse charges in Chicago on May 7, 2019.Kamil Krzaczynski / AFP via Getty Images file

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx told reporters that her office believes “justice has been served” against Kelly, who has been convicted in federal court.

An Illinois prosecutor dropped 10 charges of sex abuse against the singer R. Kelly on Monday, saying the cost was one of the factors she weighed in her decision.

Kelly, whose real name is Robert Sylvester Kelly, is already serving a 30-year prison sentence on charges of federal racketeering and sex trafficking after he was convicted in New York last year.

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx told reporters that her office believes “justice has been served” with the two convictions. She said her office’s “limited resources and court time” were the ultimate factors, noting that it found the accusations to be credible.

“Mr. Kelly is looking at the possibility of never walking out of prison again,” Foxx said.

Kelly is set to appear Tuesday in Cook County Court, where the charges will be formally dropped. The state has accused Kelly of sexually abusing four people, three of whom were minors.

Foxx announced the state’s case in 2019, saying the incidents occurred from May 1998 to January 2010. Kelly had faced three to seven years in prison for each charge if he were convicted.

The women in the case were identified in the indictment only by their initials. Multiple women have come forward with allegations over the years.

Lifetime aired a six-part docuseries, “Surviving R. Kelly,” in January 2019 in which multiple women alleged Kelly subjected them to mental, physical and sexual abuse. Foxx urged potential victims to come forward to speak with her office about possible criminal activity after the series.

Foxx said Monday that she consulted with the women in the indictment before she decided to drop the charges, acknowledging that some might be disappointed.

“I know firsthand how difficult it is for you to tell your stories,” Foxx said. “Four years ago, I stood at this podium and shared my story of having been a survivor and my full understanding of what it means to have to go before strangers to discuss what is arguably one of the most horrific experiences one could have. And these women, all of them Black, came forward, believing that they would be heard.”

Kelly also faces state charges in Minnesota, where he has been accused of soliciting a minor for sexual purposes and engaging in prostitution with a minor.

In the New York case, Kelly was convicted on nine counts of racketeering and sex trafficking. Jurors found that he set up a criminal enterprise that enabled him to recruit and transport underage girls for sex.

Months later in Chicago federal court, he was convicted on six counts of sexual exploitationand enticement of a minor. He is scheduled to be sentenced on those charges Feb. 23.

Kelly’s attorneys have said he plans to appeal both federal convictions.

Source: NBC NEWS

Continue Reading

Entertainment

50 GB Of Unreleased Michael Jackson Songs Stolen And Leaked

Published

on

By

Renowned music engineer Brad Sundberg’s laptop was stolen this week during a break at one of his “In The Studio With MJ” events in Brussels, leading to the leaks of several unreleased songs by the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Sundberg’s laptop contained a significant amount of unreleased material by the iconic singer, predominately from the late 1980s and early 1990s. He would play them for fans who attended the events over the years.

The stolen songs, which were recorded during Michael’s “Bad” and “Dangerous” eras, have now surfaced on various online platforms, causing a frenzy among the fans. This is not the first time that unreleased material by Michael has been leaked, but under the circumstance of the theft, it’s certainly the most shocking and disappointing.

Fans have urged others to refrain from sharing or downloading the leaked songs, as they were not intended for public release and may contain unfinished versions of the tracks, as well as damage any plans for potential future releases.

We at MJWN are deeply saddened by the events. We hope those involved will be brought to justice. We will not be posting any links to the stolen material, nor naming the songs that have been leaked.

Michael’s Estate has yet to release a statement on the matter.

Source: MJWN

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Addams Family’ Tv Actress Lisa Loring Dead at 64

Published

on

By

Lisa Loring, the first Wednesday in 1964's 'The Addams Family', dies at 64

Continue Reading

Trending