Connect with us

Entertainment

Jaden Smith Is Not Dead, Despite Viral Facebook Death Hoax

Published

on

Image Via Facebook

Google users looked for answers after Facebook posts falsely claimed that actor Will Smith had announced his son’s death.

On the morning of Jan. 23, 2023, a rising search on Google was users asking, “Did Jaden Smith die?” This was nothing more than a death hoax that stemmed from Facebook posts, YouTube videos, and fake online news websites that falsely claimed actor Will Smith announced the death of his son, Jaden Smith.

We found no credible news articles that mentioned anything of Jaden Smith being dead or hospitalized, nor did we locate reporting that said he had been involved in an accident or come down with an illness.

A search of Facebook showed that many suspect users were posting links to fake online news websites that claimed, “5 Minutes Ago/ Will Smith Reveals His Heart ‘Shattered’ When son Jaden (15-year old) Confirmed To be.” The sentence ended without saying the word “dead,” but it was implied by the thumbnail image above the headline. Also, Jaden Smith was 24 years old at the time, not 15.

The picture associated with the posts showed Will crying next to a photo of a candle and the letters “RIP” and words “rest in peace.”

A Facebook death hoax claimed that Jaden Smith was dead which led to Google searches that asked did Jaden Smith die.This misleading picture seemed to be all over Facebook.

“Is it true that Jaden Smith is dead?,” one Facebook user posted.

Another person asked, “Somebody said Will Smith’s son Jaden Smith died. Is that true?”

We also found users who claimed Jaden Smith had died in an “accident.” This was similar to something else that we noticed. We typed Jaden’s name in the Facebook search bar. Before clicking to execute the search, Facebook suggested the phrase, “Jaden Smith accident photos.” However, again, we found no recent news of any sort of accident.

These kinds of posts had previously been spread on Facebook for actor Bruce Willisand other celebrities, even though he and the other people mentioned were all alive.

Some of these hoaxes led to fake online news websites much like the one for Jaden, which showed scammy ads that asked users to install various kinds of software. One of those pieces of software was Adobe Flash Player, a product that was discontinued in 2020. Some of these ads appeared to contain malware that could infect reader’s devices. We strongly discourage visiting any of the websites that result from these kinds of death hoaxes.

In addition to the Facebook posts that falsely claimed Jaden was dead, we also noticed the same thumbnail image of Will Smith and the “rest in peace” candle associated with a YouTube video. That video was embedded at the bottom of the aforementioned scammy articles that may have contained malware-filled ads.

Source: snopes.com

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

‘Wednesday’ star Catherine Zeta-Jones is all praise for Netflix series and ‘marvellous’ co-star Jenna Ortega

Published

on

By

Catherine Zeta Jones was all praise for Netflix's hit series Wednesday,and co-star Jenna Ortega, in a recent interview.

On Wednesday, January 25, Catherine Zeta Jones, who plays Morticia Addams, spoke to Ross King in a chat show on Lorraine about the Wednesday series being renewed for a second season.

According to Daily Mail, the actress was alongside her husband Michael Douglas at a Burns night celebration.

She told the reporter, “When Tim Burton asked me to do it, I was like ‘whatever you want me to do Tim!’ and then the idea of me playing Morticia, who’s such an iconic, wonderful, juicy character was wonderful.”

Speaking about the show, she said, “It turned out so much better than I think anybody anticipated.”

Catherine also praised her co-star, “Jenny Ortega is just marvellous as Wednesday and through the eyes of Tim Burton it’s a lot of fun.”

The 53-year-old Hollywood star continued, “I’m really happy to be part of it I must say.”

Catherine’s screen icon husband Michael, 78, was certainly a fan of his wife’s work as he chimed in, “She killed Morticia, she really killed it!”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Nia Long Says ‘Fresh Prince’ Costar Will Smith ‘Carried a Burden for Many Years to Represent’ Perfection

Published

on

By

PHOTO: LEON BENNETT/GETTY FOR ESSENCE

Nia Long is proud of how far Will Smithhas come.

In speaking of her former Fresh Prince of Bel-Air costar, Long, 52, applauded Smith, 54, for how he’s handled himself in the spotlight.

“I will always love him. He’s had an incredible career, and he’s carried a burden for many years to try — to represent what perfection looks like,” Long, who played Smith’s character’s girlfriend and fiancée Beulah “Lisa” Wilkes on the series, said in an interview with Yahoo’s Kevin Polowy. “Or what achievement looks like.”

Long also reflected on her generation’s idea of “celebrity” — and how Smith fit into that box. “I don’t think that — at least when we were growing up — there was room to be human. I think he’s now able to be human,” she added.

Last year, Smith went viral after slappingChris Rock on stage at the Oscars. The unscripted moment came after Rock, 57, mocked Smith’s wife Jada Pinkett Smith’s shaved hairstyle, which was done to her alopecia.

Smith, in turn, faced a great deal of backlash before he eventually apologized for his behavior.

Though Long did not directly mention Smith’s outburst, she equated life in the spotlight to that of strict routine, which sometimes does not allow authenticity.

photo: NBCU PHOTO BANK

“We all have our moments in life where we need to reconcile things that we suppress,” she said. “And I think — it’s hard growing up in this business and being front and center every day, all day.”

Of her own career, and backseat spotlight, she added. “Think about it — I can go to the grocery store anytime I want to, and for the most part, people are like ‘Hey, Nia Long.’ No one’s chasing me down the street. I still have my anonymity, and I appreciate that about my career.”

During the conversation, Long also got emotional discussing the difficulties she’s faced in recent months. Long went through a very public breakup last year with her fiancé, former Boston Celtics Coach Ime Udoka, after 13 years together. He had been caught having an affair with a female subordinate within the Celtics organization.

“I’ve had some pretty devastating moments in my life over the last couple of months, and I’ve had to just say ‘It’s alright. You’ll pick yourself back up’ — oh, my God I’m about to cry,” Long added. “You pick yourself back up, and you keep it moving.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Amber Heard Strategically Planned To Make Johnny Depp’s Life Hell? Ended Marriage Days After His Mother’s Death & Filed For Restraining Order On Lily Rose-Depp’s Birthday!

Published

on

By

Did Amber Heard Made Johnny Depp Go Through Worst During His Lowest Points? ( Photo Credit – Instagram ; Movie Still )

Amber Heard very well planned steps in divorce against Johnny Depp to take him down during his lowest phases? Read details now!

Amber Heard has been declared guilty of defaming Johnny Depp during the latest Virginia trial. She was ordered to pay a compensation of $10.35 million which was later settled for only $1 million. But did you know, the Aquaman star strategically took steps during divorce? Well, the details of it will leave you shell-shocked.

A lot had been said and done during the one-year span that Johnny and Amber remained married. There were accusations of cheating with Elon Musk, a threesome with Cara Delevingne and so much more! On the other hand, the Justice League actress accused him of domestic violence, and verbal abuse amongst other claims.

A report by Animated Times now reveals details that are truly giving us goosebumps. It looks like Amber Heard strategically planned to leave Johnny Deppdestructed. She allegedly filed for divorce citing their official separation day as 17th April 2016. Betty Sue Palmer, JD’s mom, passed away just 2 days prior to that and the actor was facing his worst possible phase.

On the other hand, Amber heard filed for a restraining order against Johnny Depp on 27th May 2016. That was again the day Johnny Depp was ideally supposed to celebrate the birthday of his daughter Lily-Rose Depp. But unfortunately, his ex-wife stole the thunder.

One refuses to believe that all of this is mere coincidence!

Meanwhile, Johnny Depp denied all the allegations made against him by Amber Heard and termed them “heinous.”

He reacted to them in court and said, “It’s insane to hear heinous accusations of violence, s*xual violence, that she’s attributed to me, that she’s accused me of. I don’t think anyone enjoys having to split themselves open and tell the truth, but there are times when one simply has to because it’s gotten out of control. Horrible. Ridiculous. Humiliating. Ludicrous. Painful. Savage. Unimaginably brutal. Cruel and all false.”

Source: Koimoi

Continue Reading

Trending