Connect with us

Entertainment

Johnny Depp didn’t look at Amber Heard even once during trial, his attorney claims actor’s ‘promise’ as the reason

Published

on

The trial resumed on Monday after a week-long break with Amber Heard and Johnny Depp facing each other’s allegations in the court. The much-publicised trial has caught the attention of their fans across the globe as they continue to make shocking revelations about each other. During the course of the trial, many have noted that Johnny has never looked at Amber in the eye whereas she has looked at him several times. Johnny’s attorney asked Amber about the same on Monday.

According to People, Johnny’s attorney Camille Vasquez asked Amber about him not looking at her. Amber accepted that he has indeed not looked at her. When the attorney asked Amber, “You know exactly why Mr. Depp won’t look back at you, don’t you?” she confirmed, “I do.” The attorney again asked Amber, “He promised you you would never see his eyes again, is that true?” to which she replied, “I don’t recall if he said that.”

Camille went on to play an audio of Johnny and Amber’s last meeting, claiming she begged him to hug her to say goodbye. She again asked Amber, “He’s kept that promise, hasn’t he?” to which Amber simply replied, “As far as I know, he cannot look at me.”

Earlier, Amber’s spokesperson had told the tabloid that Johnny “does not have the courage to even look at Ms. Heard.”

Attorneys for Johnny began their questioning of Amber in the couple’s defamation trial on Monday and challenged her claims that she suffered physical abuse before and during their brief marriage. Johnny, 58, is suing Amber, 36, for $50 million, saying she defamed him when she claimed she was a victim of domestic abuse. She has countersued for $100 million, arguing that he smeared her by calling her a liar. Closing arguments are scheduled for May 27.

The legal case centers on a December 2018 opinion piece by Amber that appeared in the Washington Post. The article never mentioned Johnny by name, but his lawyer told jurors it was clear Amber was referencing him.

Entertainment

Chicago prosecutor drops sex abuse charges against R. Kelly

Published

on

By

R. Kelly arrives for a hearing on sexual abuse charges in Chicago on May 7, 2019.Kamil Krzaczynski / AFP via Getty Images file

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx told reporters that her office believes “justice has been served” against Kelly, who has been convicted in federal court.

An Illinois prosecutor dropped 10 charges of sex abuse against the singer R. Kelly on Monday, saying the cost was one of the factors she weighed in her decision.

Kelly, whose real name is Robert Sylvester Kelly, is already serving a 30-year prison sentence on charges of federal racketeering and sex trafficking after he was convicted in New York last year.

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx told reporters that her office believes “justice has been served” with the two convictions. She said her office’s “limited resources and court time” were the ultimate factors, noting that it found the accusations to be credible.

“Mr. Kelly is looking at the possibility of never walking out of prison again,” Foxx said.

Kelly is set to appear Tuesday in Cook County Court, where the charges will be formally dropped. The state has accused Kelly of sexually abusing four people, three of whom were minors.

Foxx announced the state’s case in 2019, saying the incidents occurred from May 1998 to January 2010. Kelly had faced three to seven years in prison for each charge if he were convicted.

The women in the case were identified in the indictment only by their initials. Multiple women have come forward with allegations over the years.

Lifetime aired a six-part docuseries, “Surviving R. Kelly,” in January 2019 in which multiple women alleged Kelly subjected them to mental, physical and sexual abuse. Foxx urged potential victims to come forward to speak with her office about possible criminal activity after the series.

Foxx said Monday that she consulted with the women in the indictment before she decided to drop the charges, acknowledging that some might be disappointed.

“I know firsthand how difficult it is for you to tell your stories,” Foxx said. “Four years ago, I stood at this podium and shared my story of having been a survivor and my full understanding of what it means to have to go before strangers to discuss what is arguably one of the most horrific experiences one could have. And these women, all of them Black, came forward, believing that they would be heard.”

Kelly also faces state charges in Minnesota, where he has been accused of soliciting a minor for sexual purposes and engaging in prostitution with a minor.

In the New York case, Kelly was convicted on nine counts of racketeering and sex trafficking. Jurors found that he set up a criminal enterprise that enabled him to recruit and transport underage girls for sex.

Months later in Chicago federal court, he was convicted on six counts of sexual exploitationand enticement of a minor. He is scheduled to be sentenced on those charges Feb. 23.

Kelly’s attorneys have said he plans to appeal both federal convictions.

Source: NBC NEWS

Continue Reading

Entertainment

50 GB Of Unreleased Michael Jackson Songs Stolen And Leaked

Published

on

By

Renowned music engineer Brad Sundberg’s laptop was stolen this week during a break at one of his “In The Studio With MJ” events in Brussels, leading to the leaks of several unreleased songs by the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Sundberg’s laptop contained a significant amount of unreleased material by the iconic singer, predominately from the late 1980s and early 1990s. He would play them for fans who attended the events over the years.

The stolen songs, which were recorded during Michael’s “Bad” and “Dangerous” eras, have now surfaced on various online platforms, causing a frenzy among the fans. This is not the first time that unreleased material by Michael has been leaked, but under the circumstance of the theft, it’s certainly the most shocking and disappointing.

Fans have urged others to refrain from sharing or downloading the leaked songs, as they were not intended for public release and may contain unfinished versions of the tracks, as well as damage any plans for potential future releases.

We at MJWN are deeply saddened by the events. We hope those involved will be brought to justice. We will not be posting any links to the stolen material, nor naming the songs that have been leaked.

Michael’s Estate has yet to release a statement on the matter.

Source: MJWN

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Addams Family’ Tv Actress Lisa Loring Dead at 64

Published

on

By

Lisa Loring, the first Wednesday in 1964's 'The Addams Family', dies at 64

Continue Reading

Trending