Connect with us

Entertainment

Why Joey King Was “So Drunk” When She Learned She’d Be Working With Brad Pitt

Published

on

Christopher Polk/E! Entertainment/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images

The actress couldn’t have been more excited to find out she’d be starring with Brad Pitt in the action flick Bullet Train—which premieres August 5—on her 21st birthday. But the now 22-year-old exclusively told E! News’ Daily Pop that the news came at a not-so-convenient time.

“I was so drunk when they called me to offer me the role,” she revealed on June 29. “I was already just freaking slammed, I was hammered, and they wanted to talk numbers. And I was like, ‘I can’t do this right now. I am drunk as hell.'”

The Kissing Booth star certainly knows how to have a good time, and she had just as much fun while filming her new Hulu movie, The Princess, which drops July 1. But unlike her “badass” titular character, King was hesitant about tackling the film’s many action scenes.

“I was like, ‘Damn. Can I pull this off?'” she admitted. “I was really scared. I didn’t know if I could do it.”

But practice makes perfect, as King added, “As I started training and became more confident and worked with these amazing people who helped train me, all of a sudden, I was like, ‘No, I actually am pretty good. I’m gaining speed, I’m gaining momentum, and I can do this.'”

Showing off her hard work on Instagram, she shared a video of herself deadlifting 140 pounds, setting a new personal record. As for whether her fiancé, Steven Piet, can lift more than her, King is up for the challenge.

“I actually don’t know how much he can deadlift,” she told Daily Pop. “I know that he probably could deadlift more, but I haven’t seen him do it, so let’s go.”

Piet popped the question to King—who previously dated her Kissing Booth co-star, Jacob Elordiin March after two years of dating. Wedding plans seem to be on the back burner, as King told Daily Pop that they are busy “enjoying the phase of being engaged.”

“You’re only engaged once,” she said. “You’re gonna be married forever, so I’m really excited to be living in this moment with him.”

The Princess premieres on Hulu July 1, and check out Bullet Train when it hits theaters August 5.

Check out the full interview below 

 

Entertainment

Kwame Baah sets to launch a global BUSINESS plug for musicians and all entertainers

Published

on

By

Photo: Kwame Baah, a digital marketing expert and a content manager.

Ghanaian digital marketing expert, Kwame Baah is set to launch a global business agency for artiste booking.

“The  primary focus of Get the Artiste is to  bridge the gap between artistes and people or businesses who need talent for various engagements, be it a concert, event, Tv show or guest appearances” Baah told mediaplugafrica.

He explained: “Booking agency is not anything new, is all over the world so it’s nothing new. We are just trying to bring it over here in Ghana  so that our artiste easily  get to be connected with locally and internationally”.

K. Baah currently manages,  strategize, grooms and promotes most of the big names in the Ghanaian music industry.

The official  launch of K. Baah’s initiative “Get The Artiste” will take place on Friday, February 10, 2023 at the 3Music Headquarters, Accra at exactly 5pm.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ed Sheeran returns to social with an emotional personal announcement

Published

on

By

British singer Ed Sheeran took to his Instagram to share an emotional personal announcement following his return to social media after a two-month break.

In a video he shared on Instagram, The singer, 31, admitted he has been emotionally detached for much longer.

Ed Sheeran took to Instagram to address his absence. Credit: Instagram/Ed Sheeran

“I realise I haven’t been that engaged in my social media or my fan base online over the last couple of years and the things that have been posted on this account might have got a bit boring, I’m sorry, it’s my fault. Ed said in a video.

“The reason I’m making this video is, just being totally honest, I’ve had some turbulent things happening in my personal life so I just didn’t really feel like being online and pretending to be something I’m not, when I wasn’t feeling like that.

“And I know that sounds weird but hence I’m making this video to say things are looking up and I’m back online.

“Weird s*** is going to start being posted here.”

Ed Sheeran did not elaborate on what ‘turbulence’ he’d endured. Credit: Instagram/Ed Sheeran

However, Ed  did not elaborate on what “turbulence” he’d endured, In February, he lost his close friend Jamal Edwards who tragically died after a cardiac arrest brought on by taking cocaine and drinking alcohol. Three months later, Ed and his wife Cherry Seaborn announced they had welcomed a baby daughter.

In November, Ed told his followers that he was taking a break from social media, after wrapping up work on a new music video.

Sharing a behind-the-scenes snap overlooking a beach, he penned the caption: ‘Signing off now until 2023. See you in the new year. Much love, Ed x.’

According to daily mail, the singer is in the middle of a worldwide tour, and is currently performing a run of shows in Australia and New Zealand.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Chicago prosecutor drops sex abuse charges against R. Kelly

Published

on

By

R. Kelly arrives for a hearing on sexual abuse charges in Chicago on May 7, 2019.Kamil Krzaczynski / AFP via Getty Images file

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx told reporters that her office believes “justice has been served” against Kelly, who has been convicted in federal court.

An Illinois prosecutor dropped 10 charges of sex abuse against the singer R. Kelly on Monday, saying the cost was one of the factors she weighed in her decision.

Kelly, whose real name is Robert Sylvester Kelly, is already serving a 30-year prison sentence on charges of federal racketeering and sex trafficking after he was convicted in New York last year.

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx told reporters that her office believes “justice has been served” with the two convictions. She said her office’s “limited resources and court time” were the ultimate factors, noting that it found the accusations to be credible.

“Mr. Kelly is looking at the possibility of never walking out of prison again,” Foxx said.

Kelly is set to appear Tuesday in Cook County Court, where the charges will be formally dropped. The state has accused Kelly of sexually abusing four people, three of whom were minors.

Foxx announced the state’s case in 2019, saying the incidents occurred from May 1998 to January 2010. Kelly had faced three to seven years in prison for each charge if he were convicted.

The women in the case were identified in the indictment only by their initials. Multiple women have come forward with allegations over the years.

Lifetime aired a six-part docuseries, “Surviving R. Kelly,” in January 2019 in which multiple women alleged Kelly subjected them to mental, physical and sexual abuse. Foxx urged potential victims to come forward to speak with her office about possible criminal activity after the series.

Foxx said Monday that she consulted with the women in the indictment before she decided to drop the charges, acknowledging that some might be disappointed.

“I know firsthand how difficult it is for you to tell your stories,” Foxx said. “Four years ago, I stood at this podium and shared my story of having been a survivor and my full understanding of what it means to have to go before strangers to discuss what is arguably one of the most horrific experiences one could have. And these women, all of them Black, came forward, believing that they would be heard.”

Kelly also faces state charges in Minnesota, where he has been accused of soliciting a minor for sexual purposes and engaging in prostitution with a minor.

In the New York case, Kelly was convicted on nine counts of racketeering and sex trafficking. Jurors found that he set up a criminal enterprise that enabled him to recruit and transport underage girls for sex.

Months later in Chicago federal court, he was convicted on six counts of sexual exploitationand enticement of a minor. He is scheduled to be sentenced on those charges Feb. 23.

Kelly’s attorneys have said he plans to appeal both federal convictions.

Source: NBC NEWS

Continue Reading

Trending